The AICTE – All India Council of Technical Education has released the notification for Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme for the students of Jammu & Kashmir. This Scheme is also called AICTE JK Scholarship scheme.
ABOUT THE SCHEME.
- Launched in Academic Year (AY) 2011-12 for youth of J&K to pursue higher studies outside the state
- Facilitates access to quality education with an aim to equip youth with knowledge, skills, experience and training for higher academic level/ profession.
- Scholarship to meet expenditure towards Academic Fee and Maintenance Charges (for hostel, mess, books and other incidentals)
- Scholarships available for studying in regular General/ Professional/Medical Degree courses in the prescribed list of colleges given in the AICTE Portal. For Medical Degree courses students have to take admission on his/her own subject to qualifying the NEET.
- Admission on merit basis through centralized counseling conductedby AICTE.
- Students who qualify national level entrance examination conducted by Central/ State Governments like NEET, JEE, CLAT etc. are also eligible for scholarship, subject to their registration on AICTE Portal.
- Students taking admission in Architecture course are required to qualify NATA examination.
- Reservation Policy as per the J&K Government.
- Aadhar Card is essential for smooth DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) through Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
- 5000 fresh scholarships every year, for studying in best academic institutions outside J&K.
Eligibility Criteria for Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS)
1. Students who have passed 10+2 from J&K Board or CBSE affiliated School in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K)2. Students who are willing to study outside Jammu and Kashmir (J&K)3. Students must have domiciles of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K)4. Students who have completed the 10+ 3 Diploma from Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) Polytechnic are eligible for direct admission in the Second year of the course they want to enroll.5. The students with family income is less than INR 8 Lac per annum or below.
Benefits of PMSSS 2019-2020
1. The Scholarship covers Course fees and maintenance fees.
2. Course Fee is paid directly to the Institute which includes tuition fees, university fee, exam fee, library fee, internet fee, etc.
3. Maintenance fee is paid to the student in 2 equal installments which includes hostel fee, buying books, mess charges, etc.
Procedure for PMSSS 2019-2020
- 1. Every student needs to provide their preference/ choices of Colleges.
- 2. All India Council of Technical Education – AICTE will open centers at Jammu/ Srinagar admissions in particular institute under PMSSS.
- 3. The candidate should be present for the counseling.
- 4. The Absent students are not eligible for the scholarship.
- 5. The allotment will be made through counseling only. No Change to be allowed after counseling is over under any circumstances.
Steps to apply for PMSSS
Online Applications willl start from 10 April 2019
- Step 1. Open website https://www.aicte-jk-scholarship-gov.in/
- Step 2. Register as a new user.
- Step 3. Fill all the details mention in form.
- Step 4. Attach all the required documents.
- Step 5. After completing the form details. Click Submit button.
- Helpline Number:0120-2446701(09:30 am-05:30 pm Monday to Saturday)
- For PMSSS-2019-20 email: email@example.com
- For Technical Support (PMSSS Portal) email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Grievance form (Can be raised from the login only)
For any query, Please Comment, We’ll try to respond as soon as possible.