In this article we will discuss about Responsibilities of Professional Manager in the Process of Directing.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A PROFESSIONAL MANAGER IN THE PROCESS OF Directing: Meaning and steps involved.
Directing is a process in an organisation which is required at all levels. In directing process managers have to direct their subordinates towards the objectives of the organisation and its goals. Managers have to select those person who will take properly responsibility and helps organisation to achieve their goal. According to Human, “Directing consists of process or technique by which instruction can be issued and operations can be carried out as originally planned” . So directing is a function which helps in guiding and inspiring subordinates to achieve organisational goals.
Steps involved in Managers responsibility are:
- Unity of command: According to the companies act, unity of command means in an organisation there should is one instructor and the subordinates receives order from one director. It helps to avoid confusion and maintain uniformity.
- Balance between individual and organisational objectives: Directing is a process in an organisation in which director gives command to their subordinates and it helps to balance between objectives of an organisational and individuals objectives. It also helps in achieving organisational goals.
- Effective communication: Directing is a process in which directors directs their subordinates and gives instructions to them. It also helps to maintain effective communication because when command is received one director.
- Leading the people: In directing process process director leads their subordinates and it is a process which helps in influence people and directing them towards achievement of organisational goals. So, it is the most important part in directing process.
- Direct supervision: In directing process manager should supervise their subordinates face-to-face and through directly. It also helps to communicate directly with members who works for organisational goals and takes lesser time to contact with subordinates.